The Thomas Hooker Brewery seeks an experienced full-time shift brewer.
In addition to brewing responsibilities in our main facility, our brewers also have the opportunity to create and test out new recipes at our brewpub, Thomas Hooker at Colt.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, hardworking individual who takes pride in their work, and has exceptional attention to detail. The ability to think critically, problem solve, and a willingness to suggest recipe, process, and procedural changes is also a plus.
- Experience running a centrifuge is a plus.
- Forklift experience/ certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to follow company SOP’s, work with heavy machinery, lift 55lb malt bags and maneuver 165lb kegs.
- Capability to stand, lift, and bend for up to 10 hours a day.
- A drive to always produce consistent, exceptional finished beers.
Candidates should have a minimum of two-year brewing experience in a production brewery and knowledge including but not limited to:
- Brewing of Ales and Lagers
- Q/A Q/C experience
- Strong yeast management skills / knowledge
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Daily gravity, pH, and fermentation checks.
- CIP/SIP of fermentation vessels and brite tanks
- CIP/SIP of transfer equipment, hoses, hard piping, etc
- Transferring of beer from fermentation vessel to brite tank using a GEA centrifuge
- Brite tank purging
- Brite beer carbonation
- Yeast harvesting, drops, etc.
- Dry hopping
- Grain preparation & milling
- General brewery cleaning, including outsides of tanks, floors, equipment, etc.
- Helping maintain an accurate inventory of all raw materials
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a generous employee discount. Candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org